On this page you can find information about our delivery and returns policy.
There is a recent update within the "Our Delivery Couriers" section due to the COVID19 pandemic.
What is my delivery charge? All deliveries under £70.00 (ex vat) will carry a £5.99 (ex vat) carriage fee. Every order over £70.00 (ex vat) will be carriage paid and delivered free of charge. The goods are dispatched with APC Couriers for next day delivery which require a signature.
If we discount a product for you to save you money then we will add the cost of the courier services to your order, even if over £70.00 (ex vat) as your cost saving will most likely outweigh paying the courier delivery cost of the item. We will advise you of the cost of this.
If you have to pay for your delivery due to your order being under £70.00net, this will cost £5.99 plus vat. The goods will always be delivered to the delivery address and signed for by any persons present, but your name (if applicable) will be printed on the label. If no-one is present to sign for the goods and assuming the buyer has not stated that the goods are to be left unsigned for and in a safe place (specified in the comments section when ordering), the couriers will leave you a card to contact them. It is up to you (the buyer) to organize the re-delivery. If this re-delivery fails due to your instructions failing, then you will be carded again to organize another re-delivery. Should this re-delivery fail and you fail to re-contact the courier within 5 days then the consignment will be returned to us. We will have to charge the buyer for a new delivery as we are charged by the courier. If you decide to cancel your order, we can refund the item in full as long as it is not a special order(non-returnable), but you will not be refunded the carriage fees (courier fees) as the courier has honoured their part of the contract and did all that they can to deliver the item and so, will charge us for it. They are not a part of Krowl Architectural Ironmongery Ltd and are an independent company.
Please ensure your delivery information is correct and that someone is available to receive your consignment should you not state to leave it in a safe place of your choosing.
When will my order be delivered? If you order with us by 2pm your order will be dispatched with our couriers for next day delivery. The order will be delivered to the address that you provide us with when completing your checkout. Although we state next day delivery, on rare occasions our courier may be delayed by road blockages, excessive traffic or breakdown enroute. In the unlikely event of this happening, your delivery will take place the morning after your expected delivery date.
If you are not present when our courier arrives, the items will be re-delivered the next working day. However, if you are not present for a second time, you will be asked to call us via a card posted through your mailbox so that delivery can be arranged for a third time. If you are not present for the third time your order will be returned to us for a re-scheduled delivery date.
Our delivery couriers: Krowl Architectural Ironmongery Ltd consignments are delivered by APC Couriers and tracked, too.
UPDATE: Due to the COVID19 pandemic, we are regularly being advised ofupdates to our delivery service, ie: High tier area's incurring delays or main hub delays. If we are incurring delays that meant that your consignment delivery may only be delivered 48-72hrs from the date that you bought the item (during busoiness hours 8am-5pm, then we will either advise you of the delay, or use the Royal Mail 1st class signed for service to ensure that the delivery of your goods would take place before the courier delivery would.
If in the event that there is a stock issue with your ordered items we will notify you immediately to keep you informed. From that point you can either wait for the item or recieve a full refund for the item(s) not delivered. It is rare that there is no stock though,
If you wish to check with us first before buying, please call us for a live stock check.
If you wish to receive a timed delivery for delivery by 9am, 10am or 12pm or sameday, please enquire and we will obtain this additional cost from the couriers for you.
Returns Policy, returning an item? You may only return items that are not a special order.
When buying an item from us, the information on the page will state whether the item is a special order or not, along with the other specific information about the item you are interested in.
- At the discretion of the management, you may incur a 40% re-stocking charge or £30.00 (ex-vat) admininstration fee for returning an item/consigment as it will have cost us money in wages & stationary to pick the item, process the paperwork and update our accounting files, then the reverse procedure when returning the item.
- It is up to you (the buyer) to get the item(s) back to us at your cost, unless the item is faulty.
- To return an item you must obtain a returns reference from us or it may take a while to process the return.
- We will reduce the refund amount paid to you by the cost of the carriage fee that it cost us to send the item to you. If you have paid a set carriage fee, it will be the amount stated on your invoice. If your order was "carriage paid", then it will be the amount that the courier has charged to us to deliver it (based upon dimensions and weight), as it will not have been free of charge for us to send the item to you, it's just that because you spent over £70.00 (ex vat), we offer to pay the cost as a sales promotion, but in returning an item, we uphold the right to charge for the cost that was incurred when sending the order to you. The actual cost of the carriage fee is £9.90 plus vat, unless the item is over 1.2m long or 1 cubic metre or palletised, thus costing more *TBC at the time that you wish to return an item and receive a refund..
- You will be advised of any surcharges at the time of your enquiry when wishing to return an item.
- If the item you purchased is over 14 days old at the point when a customer advises us that they wish to return the goods or if the goods are returned to us after the 14 day period after notifying us that they wish to return any goods, then at the discretion of the management we may not allow the return of the item or we may only offer a credit note. Any costs for returning the goods to us will be paid by the buyer (unless the goods are faulty).
- We have to be notified in writing (any means) that you wish to return an item within 14 days of the invoice date, then the buyer has 14 days to return it to us. This is known as "Distance Selling" law.
- If the item is in anyway damaged, be it scuffed, scratched, marked, dented etc, then we will not allow the return of the item or refund you for this item as we will not be able to re-sell it in that condition.
- If you return an item to us and it is not re-sellable (as above), then we will advise you. It will then be up to you to pay to receive the goods back.
- If the item was in a sealed bag and the bag has been opened then we then we will not allow the return of the item or refund you for this item as we will not be able to re-sell it as it will not be in a sealed bag and many customer's perception is that it is not brand new.
- We will always have to receive a returned item, inspect it and then issue the refund amount before we can refund any amount to you.
Please view the information regarding your consumer rights when wishing to return purchased goods on the following link. This is a link to the goverment's website and is what we, as retailers, are bound/governed by. https://www.gov.uk/accepting-returns-and-giving-refunds
Please view the information on the link below regarding distance selling regulations and law:
Refund Information: If the customer changes their mind for any reason and decides to return the goods, then we will refund the cost of the goods to the customer as long as they meet with the returns terms & conditions (above), but the customer will not be refunded the cost of the courier fees incurred by us (see above), nor the fees incurred by us that are charged by Paypal and/or Worldpay for processing transactions online. If we as a company have not delivered the goods on time as stated by us, or the goods are defective in anyway, or the goods aren't as described, then we will not deduct any sum from the customers refund. If the customer decides to take a a credit note for any sum paid after changing their mind, then only the couriers fee will be deducted. If you have any questions regarding this, please ask us before purchsing the products(s) from us.
Special Orders: If you are advised that an item is a special order on our web page or by other means in writing, or has been made a special order either before or after buying by modifying the manufacturing of the item, or the item is purpose made, then this item may incur an additional lead time for delivery and cannot be returned to us in any event.
Delivery: Please check our delivery time allowed for dispatch. Some made to order items and special items will need to be delivered to us before we dispatch. If you require an urgent next day delivery from date of order, please state this in our comments box and will will endeavour to meet your request.
Areas we deliver to: We will deliver to any Uk mainland either free of charge (over £70 net) or for our standard fee. The areas we charge extra for are any destinations offshore - Scottish Highlands and Scottish coastline areas or any destination not reachable by a road vehicle.
We regularly dispatch to European and worldwide destinations if you require delivery abroad, it's not a problem for us, but it will require an additional delivery fee. When sending to Europe and worldwide, we use either our daily courier company or Royal Mail signed for. Whichever is cheaper. You will only pay ther cost nthat it costs us, nothing more.
Areas we charge extra to deliver to: Any destination which is not on the UK mainland:
UK postal codes that we do charge extra to deliver to are listed below: (please enquire for up-to-date cost)
Scottish borders TD & DG.
|HS1 -to- HS9 , IV41 -to-IV56|
|KA27 -to- KA28 , KW15 -to- KW17|
|PA20 , PA41 -to-PA49 , PA62 -to- PA76|
|PH42 -to- PH44 , ZE1 -to- ZE3|
|IV1-to-IV20, IV25, IV30-to-IV37, IV63|
How our discounts work: If 10 of the same item are purchased then we will refund your paying card 5% of the overall cost. Any further discounts have to be agreed in writing to be effective. Some items are available for discounts should fewer than 10 be purchased. Please feel free to enquire! If we have already discounted an item you have bought or have an agreement with you for a special rate of a specific item then this will no longer qualify for a 5% cashback discount should 10 or more be purchased.
How can I pay for an order?: We do not take payments over the phone due to card scamming techniques. This is an everyday problem in the retail industry nowadays and causes many problems for businesses. You can pay by making a payment directly into our bank account from your bank account, by paying online via our website or arranging an order with the sales team and paying via a secure email payment link.
Samples: We charge for samples. The size, weight and type of sample you order will depend upon how much the sample costs. We are competitively priced on all of our product range but supplying samples for free is not cost effective for us since we have to pay for our samples and any posting and courier fee's. If you buy from us after ordering and paying for a sample then we may refund you the cost of the sample if you have bought several of the item, but this will have to be agreed in writing at the time of the sale. We will advise of the sample cost when you make an enquiry.